Enhance Your Features with Facial Plastic Surgery
Dr. Louis Mes is one of the leading providers of facial plastic surgery in the Lafayette area. Facial surgery can help you look more youthful or reshape a feature to lend balance and proportion to the face. To learn more about facial plastic surgery or schedule a consultation with Dr. Mes, contact our office today.
Who Is a Candidate?
Generally, to qualify for facial plastic surgery, you should:
- Be in good overall health
- Have no allergies to anesthesia
- Not smoke
- Have realistic expectations for the results of your surgery
- Understand the risks of the procedure
Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
Dr. Mes offers several facial plastic surgery options to suit your budget, lifestyle, needs, and desired results. These include:
- Eyelid surgery. Also called blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery allows surgeons to remove loose skin or redistribute fat around the eyes. During this procedure, Dr. Mes will make a small incision in your eyelash line or crease, tighten your connective muscles and tissue, and trim excess skin.
- Brow lift. Due to aging or stress, many patients develop deep wrinkles on the forehead, along with heavy brows. Dr. Mes can perform brow lift surgery to tighten the muscles and pull the skin taut.
- Facelift. Dr. Mes can soften the appearance of wrinkles, tighten loose skin, and remove excess fat deposits with a facelift. During this procedure, an incision is made behind the ears and across the hairline so Dr. Mes can adjust the muscles and remove skin to produce a firmer, younger look.
- Neck lift. If you have loose skin or wrinkles on the neck, the neck lift procedure may be right for you. During this procedure, Dr. Mes will contour your muscles, tighten your underlying neck tissues, remove unwanted fat, and trim excess skin.
- Facial implants. Facial implants can give you a fuller face, modify your facial structure, or restore your appearance after an injury. Dr. Mes places cheek, chin, and jaw implants to balance the proportions of your face.
- Fat injections. During this procedure, Dr. Mes uses liposuction or a needle to collect fat from your body. The fat is purified, and injected into the face to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and skin laxity.
- Laceration repair. If you have sustained a severe facial cut, you need to see a plastic surgeon within three days to minimize scarring, reduce your risk of complications, and ensure that your skin heals well. Dr. Mes performs emergency laceration repair surgery, during which he applies a sterile saline solution to clean the cut, disinfects it, corrects the underlying tissue and muscle, and closes the wound with sutures.
- Lip enhancement. Patients who want plumper lips may opt for lip enhancement surgery, during which Dr. Mes uses an injectable filler, fat injections, or a lip implant to add volume.
- Ear surgery. Many children and adults feel self-conscious about their ears. Dr. Mes can perform otoplasty, during which the ears can be pinned back or reduced in size.
Beautify Your Face
Contact our office today to learn more about these procedures or schedule a consultation with Dr. Mes.