Body Contouring Sculpts Your Figure
Dr. Louis Mes performs body contouring surgery for men and women who have been unable to attain their desired body shape through diet and exercise. Patients who have improved their diet and nutrition are often disappointed with loose, drooping skin or stubborn fat deposits that remain after weight loss. We offer body contouring options at our Lafayette office to give you a sleeker, firmer shape. To learn more about our procedures or schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Mes, contact our office today.
Benefits of Body Contouring
Plastic surgery is no replacement for proper nutrition and exercise, but patients who have lost weight may have folds of skin or additional fat deposits. Surgically removing the remaining tissue or fat offers many benefits, including:
- Resolving rashes, infections, chafing, or other skin conditions associated with large folds of skin
- Improving bodily hygiene
- Allowing patients to exercise and complete daily activities Increasing confidence and self-esteem
- Giving patients more clothing options
Who Is a Candidate?
Patients must meet certain criteria to qualify for body contouring surgery. You are a good candidate for body contouring if:
- You are over 18 years old
- You do not smoke
- Your weight is stabilized (typically, you must be within at least 30 percent of your goal weight)
- You have proper nutrition
- You engage in exercise regularly
- You have realistic desired results
- You are in overall good health and able to undergo anesthesia
We offer five primary body contouring procedures that can be performed individually or in combination. These include:
- Liposuction. Liposuction can extract excess fat and tissue from the thighs, hips, stomach, waist, buttocks, arms, neck, back, chin, and cheeks, all with very small incisions. Dr. Mes will make a small incision into the affected area or areas and insert a cannula (small tube) into your tissue. Using a sterile saline solution and repeated motion, he will fragment your fat and suction it out before closing your incisions.
- Tummy tuck. Also called abdominoplasty, tummy tuck removes excess skin. If you opt for a tummy tuck, Dr. Mes will tighten and repair your stomach muscles before pulling the skin taut, trimming the excess, and closing the incision.
- Body lift. For patients with a large amount of excess skin and tissue around their midsections, Dr. Mes can perform a body lift. During a body lift, Dr. Mes will make an incision around your abdomen so that he can access and tighten the underlying tissue. Then, he will remove fat and smooth your skin, removing any excess skin before suturing the incision.
- Thigh lift. If you have loose skin around your thighs, Dr. Mes can perform a thigh lift to reshape the deeper tissues and trim drooping skin for a firmer, more athletic appearance.
- Arm lift. Dr. Mes can remove loose skin on your arms with an arm lift. During this procedure, he will contour your tissue and pull your skin taut before trimming the excess.
- Bodytite and Facetite. These treatments can achieve results similar to a tummy tuck or facelift through less invasive means. They use heat energy that is carefully applied both above and below the dermis to simultaneously melt stubborn fat tissue and tighten the skin. Bodytite treats the abdomen and thighs while Facetite can be used to achieve these effects in the face, breasts, lower arms, and inner thighs.
During each of these procedures, we will use general anesthesia or local anesthesia with intravenous sedation to keep you calm and comfortable.
Enjoy a More Shapely Physique
Contact our office today to learn more about our procedures and schedule a consultation with Dr. Mes.